I am looking for self-motivated students to join our group, starting in either the Spring or the Fall.
Ph.D., M.S., Undergraduate, Post-doc, and visiting scholars are all highly welcomed.
A successful candidate is expected to have a fast independent studying ability, a strong interest in my research, a solid statistical background, a basic
ability to develop innovative ideas, and must excel in programming code (R, any of Python, C++, or Matlab, etc.).
To join our group, students must already be admitted to (or enrolled
by) the university. I prefer to choose students with whom I am familiar (often those who have taken at least a course from me).
Post-doc and visiting scholars must be self-financed.
I am actively looking for collaborators who have interesting and
promising data sets, and who need a statistician to serve as the
Co-Investigator for grant applications.
I can generally write a 1-2 page methodology section to provide theoretical
support such as power analyses, sample size computations,
and so on. (The page limit is flexible per the request of the collaborator.)
- Statistical Genetics, QTL mapping, GWAS, LD mapping
- Statistical Shape Analysis
Biostatistics: statistical application to clinical trials, public health, disease, biomedical, and biological traits
Functional Data Analysis, Longitudinal Data Analysis, Ultra High-dimensional Modeling, Mixture Models
Funded Research Grants
Sole-PI, 08/14-07/17, NSF DMS-1413366
- Sole-PI, 07/15-12/15, VPR Research GEM Grant
- Sole-PI, 01/13-12/13, VPR Research Catalyst Seed Grant
- Female Researcher, 07/13-08/13, Woman and Gender Research Travel Support
- Editorial Board of Austin Statistics Publishing Group, 2014-present
- Review Editorial Board of Frontiers in Genetic Architecture, 2011-present
- Invited Applied Math Session Organizer and Chair for the Intermountain MAA (Mathematical Association of America) Meeting, Orem, UT, 3/2014
- Invited Reviewer for the following journals:
Briefings In Bioinformatics
Environmental Modeling & Software
Journal of Probability and Statistics
Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics
Theoretical Biology and Medical Modeling
Honors and Awards
Researcher of the Year, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, USU, 2015
Selected Member of the Proposal Writing Institute, USU, 2013 ($5,000 award)
University Doctoral Research Fellowship, University of Florida, 2006-2008