Spatio-Temporal Models in Ecology:
Department of Mathematics and
Utah State University
Logan, Utah 84322-3900 USA
Participant Projects, Wageningen University, Spring 2001
This is a listing of MATLAB scripts written by students. A
variety of research scenarios were described using integrodifference equations
and techniques discussed in the course.
- Spread of Phytophthera Disease in a Potato Crop with Mixed Genotypes
Walter Rossing and Wopke van der Werf
- Spread of Earthworms by Tractor Treads
- Spread and Control of Foot-and-Mouth Disease
- Large Scale Population Dynamics in Relation to Land-Use and Climate Change
PDF Version of Labs for 2009
On-Line Appendix of MATLAB Scripts
- ballspore.m -- script simulating
ballistic dispersal of a fungus in one dimension.
- turchtax.m -- script implementing an
IDE emulation of the effects of differential motility on aggregation
(described by Turchin et. al., 1998).
- malthus.m -- script implementing the
simplest IDE: Malthusian growth with dispersal in one dimension.
- nbspace.m -- script implementing
Enhanced Nicholson-Bailey model with dipsersla in two dimensions.
- rockies.m -- script generating a
two-dimensional random field with prescribed correlation
- bcs.m -- script using reflections in one
dimension to implement boundary conditions.
- bc2d.m -- script using reflection
technique in two dimensions to do mixed absorbing/reflecting boundaries (for a
- chemotax2.m -- script implementing chemotactic
response following Powell et. al., 1998.
Table of Contents (Labs from 2001)